Are you a resourceful individual with sound building skills and proven experience in site maintenance, cleaning and WH&S? Are you able to work individually and as part of a team?
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Position: Site Coordinator
Hours: 24 hours per week, must include Wednesdays.
Pay rate: NSCF Award Agreement Level 3, $26.10 /hr, plus entitlements
Contract Position: Permanent part time
Responsible to: Farm & Site Team Manager
The Site Coordinator should be a resourceful individual with sound building skills and proven experience in site maintenance, cleaning and WH&S. The ability to work individually and as part of a team is essential to this role.
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community farm on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Purpose Statement
Our purpose is to be an inspirational working model of a community-based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability
“All living sustainably”
- Working under the direction of the Farm & Site Team Manager, the Site Coordinator assists in the maintenance of the farm site, manages waste and performs routine cleaning
- The Site Coordinator’s role is critical to the health, safety and security of all farm users.
- Work 24 hours per week, which must include Wednesdays Timing of working hours can be flexible according to individual and farm needs, such as events and emergencies (e.g. flood)
- Day-to-day management of the farm site to ensure the safety and security of all farm users, and to enhance the farm’s appearance.
- Coordinate all onsite waste management and cleaning of the kitchen and toilets
- Supervise volunteers, community service, work for the dole and other program participants in the completion of site tasks
- Organisation and maintenance of the tool shed, including repair and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Contribute technical expertise and support to other teams as needed
- Assist the Farm & Site Team Manager in planning and development of the farm site and the management of irregular site users, including the homeless
- Actively participate in meetings
- Assist with site hire and event preparation duties, as required
- Skills and experience in construction, site management and WH&S practices
- Demonstrated experience of maintaining buildings, grounds, equipment, and infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work alone and within an interdependent team structure
- Commitment to working with people from a diverse range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Willingness to have a criminal background check
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to acquire one
- Hold a current Construction White Card, or willingness to acquire one
- Hold a current Blue Card, or willingness to acquire one
- Hold a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC)
- Experience working in community or volunteer organisations
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due 4pm Thursday 4 February
- Proposed start date is mid- February
- For further information, please contact the Farm Manager on email@example.com or phone the Farm on 3857 8775
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030
NSCF Mission Statement
We are a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
We aim to create a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban Permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.