Our Vision is ‘All Living Sustainably’
Northey Street City Farm Inc. is a non-profit organisation and community based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability. By supporting the Farm through membership, you are supporting sustainable living in the city.
NSCF provides a space for people to engage with our gardens, orchards, chooks, open space, and most importantly, our inclusive and welcoming community.
During the week we work with volunteers to maintain the gardens for public enjoyment and to educate on permaculture principles. We offer Permaculture education for adults. The farm also provides group tours and school activities.
We run a range of sustainability workshops to help people start their own gardens, learn about bee keeping, make textiles using natural materials and the like.
Our City Farm Nursery, where you can purchase edible plants, bush tucker and find all your gardening needs, is open Thursday to Sunday.
The Northey Street City Farm Organic Market, where you can purchase locally sourced organic food, runs every Sunday from 6 am. to 11 am.
Membership benefits include:
- Our gratitude for your contribution
- Permaculture Design Course and Sustainable Living Workshop updates
- Monthly eNews up-dates about what’s happening at the farm
- Invitations to farm functions and events
- 10% plant discount at City Farm Nursery
- 10% off NSCF merchandise
- An introductory packet of seeds from the City Farm Nursery
- Borrowing rights from the NSCF library
- Eligibility for NSCF Allotments
- Voting rights at the AGM and the opportunity to get involved in the management committee (must be at least 18 years old and not an organization)
- The knowledge that you are contributing to the foundation upon which Northey Street City Farm relies, as it continues as a place to gather, learn and celebrate ‘Living Sustainably in the City’.
To apply to become a member please fill out a Membership Application Form
Annual Membership Fees
$12 for Health Care Card Holders
$25 for Part-time Employees
$50 for Full-time Employees
$50 for Organisations
$100 Deep Roots Supporter
To Pay for Membership
Pay over the Phone
Simply phone our office on (07) 3857 8775 and we can process your payment over the phone
Pay through Paypal (Please note, paypal subscriptions are annually deducted – you can opt to cancel this):
Please make your direct deposit payment to:
Name: Northey Street City Farm BSB: 313-140 Account Number: 120 459 54
After you have paid by direct deposit, please email us to let us know the date of payment
Phone: (07) 3857 8775 (10am-4pm, Tue-Thursday)
Cash or Eftpos:
You can visit Northey Street City Farm and pay with cash or eftpos through the City Farm Nursery which is open 9 am – 3 pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday and between 6.30 am – 12 pm every Sunday at the Northey Street Organic Markets.
NSCF holds $20 million Public Liability Insurance
Northey Street City Farm is an incorporated body and subject to the rules and regulations of incorporation