Do you have a passion for event and festival coordination and have practical working knowledge of events and event coordination? The successful candidate will ideally be reliable, an enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to work with our community to meet the financial, social and environmental objectives of the Enterprise Team. This role will be responsible for supervising volunteers to assist with the event. This person will have initiative and be open to sharing their practical skills and experiences with a broad range of people.
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Title: Events Co-ordinator
Award: As per NSCF staff agreement, Level 3
Hours: 8 hours per week (may be required to work some weekends)
Pay rate: $26.10 per hr, and entitlements as defined in the NSCF Enterprise Agreement
Contract Position: Project Part-time (approx. 12 month contract)
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community farm on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Purpose Statement
Our purpose is to be an inspirational working model of a community-based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability
“All living sustainably”
Purpose of Position
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for designing, coordinating and delivering events at the Farm including the Summer and Winter Solstice and Spring and Autumn Equinox Events. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the events from programme design, logistics and sourcing of workshop presenters, bands and stallholders. The person in the role will be expected to undertake all facets of event management, under the support and guidance of the EE Team, EE Manager and Events reference group when necessary. Key aspects of the role will be alignment to the organisation’s belief, vision, values and purpose; organisation skills; budget and relationship management.
The Events Coordinator should be an enterprising individual with excellent communication and people management skills, with a sound understanding of events management and a demonstrated ability to manage and market a successful event.
The Events Coordinator should have a passion for event and festival coordination, preferably with a practical working knowledge of events and event coordination. This role will be responsible for supervising volunteers to assist with the event. The successful candidate will ideally be reliable, an enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to work with our community to meet the financial, social and environmental objectives of the Enterprise Team. This person will have initiative and be open to sharing their practical skills and experiences with a broad range of people.
- Develop and implement an event project management plan. This plan to include:
- Site, infrastructure & logistics
- Education activities & presentations
- Council and other permits
- Entertainment, parade & bonfire
- Event bookings
- Work within the planned budget
- Manage all event stakeholders appropriately
- Report monthly on the financials and project status to the Enterprise Team Manager
- Supervise volunteers
- Ensure that all documents, processes and procedures are uploaded and maintained online to ensure continuity of events
Selection Criteria (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience in events management and marketing.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Problem solving skills related to events management.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
- Computer skills, especially event management and online document management software.
- Events management or project management qualifications and/or experience
- Marketing qualifications and/or experience
- Experience in working in community-based organisations.
This position may be physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible.
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due 4pm Thursday 28 January 2021.
- Proposed start date is mid-February 2021.
- For further information, please contact the Ronni Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com
Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030
www.nscf.org.au Phone: 07-38578775 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org