Do you have experience and enthusiasm working on events?
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Position: Events Workers
Employment: Casual, as per NSCF Staff Agreement, Level 1
Salary: Casual Rate of $26.38 per hour
· Work as part of the Northey Street City Farm Events Team as directed by the Enterprise and Events Manager or Site Coordinator.
· Responsible to the NSCF Management Committee through the Enterprise and Events Manager.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms; a Permaculture site on 2 ha, established kitchen and market gardens as well as orchards and wood lot, plus Brisbane’s only certified Organic Farmers Market and retail Nursery. NSCF is also a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs.
Events Team Tasks include
· Box Office
· Stage Management
· Assisting in site tasks like signage, electricity, lighting, stall holder communication, set up of marquees, tables, chairs, waste management, cleaning and bump out
· Dishwashing for waste free events
· Raffle ticket selling
· Food and beverage service
· Creative Arts installations
· Sound and Lighting
· Kids activities
· Events administration and coordination
· Experience or enthusiasm in working on a particular aspect of Events as listed above, for example: creative arts, customer service, social media.
· Experience working in teams
· Excellent communication skills
· Knowledge of Permaculture
· Experience working in community / volunteer organisations
· Knowledge of NSCF events and purpose
· Hold a RSAS
· Hold a Blue Card (working with children)
· Applications must address each of the selection criteria. (200 words max).
· Please also include a recent CV with at least two referees.
· For more information on the position, contact Enterprise & Events Manager on email@example.com
· Applications are due by 4pm on 30 September 2021
· Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030