Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community? Would you like to deliver interesting and exciting educational opportunities to youth?
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Position: Youth Educator
Employment: Casual, as per NSCF Staff Agreement, Level 2
Day & Hours: As required, including occasional weekends.
Pay rate: $29.55 per hour, with penalty rates paid on weekends
Contract Position: Casual
Responsible to: Youth Education Co-ordinator
- Liaise with the Education Co-ordinator about the content and activities for each session.
- Set up and pack up any equipment required for the activity or program.
- Deliver activities and tours for school and other groups, and other educational programs (eg. Earth Kids).
- Deliver offsite educational activities.
- Be aware of potential safety issues and follow the relevant parts of the NSCF Youth Risk Management Plan, model safe behaviour and report any incidents to the Youth Education Coordinator.
- Undertake program evaluation and planning sessions as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Selection Criteria)
- Familiarity with, or willingness to become familiar with the Northey Street City Farm site and activities that are held on it.
- Possess a Permaculture Design Certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community.
- A current Queensland “Blue Card” (Working with Children Check) or have a willingness to obtain one.
- Experience in teaching or working with young people.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Vision: All living sustainably
NSCF Purpose: Our purpose is to be an inspirational working model of a community-based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability.
- Email Emma Brindal (email@example.com) with a paragraph about yourself, how you meet the requirements and why you are interested in the role.
- Applications are due Wednesday 15 June 2022.
- For further information, please contact Emma Brindal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com