May 2019 Permaculture Design Course
at Northey Street City Farm
Fridays, 10th May to 16th August 2019
Come join us for our 25-year Silver Jubilee Permaculture Design Course. For 25 years Northey Street City Farms has held up the standard of sustainable living in the city and we invite you to come participate and begin your journey with us.
To Book CLICK HERE
This unique course, delivered over 16 weeks in Brisbane, gives you the knowledge and skills to observe and design from the natural patterns to create productive gardens & properties, grow your own food, apply appropriate technologies, learn to use resources wisely, build on living systems and rebuild communities.
• Build Resilience through Connectivity
• Facilitate Regeneration of the Earth
• Create Abundance through Design
The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) builds from its foundation in the ethics and design principles to strategies giving you the techniques and tools to inspire critical thinking.
YOU WILL LEARN
• the history of permaculture and agriculture and the foundational concepts of the permaculture ethics and design principles
• to design from ecological pattern literacy, systems thinking, using Ethics and Design principles, designing from the whole, differentiated into parts
• to use the Scale of Permanence to give realistic outcomes for any design
• climate analogues and how varied mirco-climates affect your site
• the patterns of our intent and that of our landscapes, elements and their functional connections in your design to minimize waste
• to savour our soils: soil biology, amendments, uses and putting it all together
• about trees and forests and how we can integrate them into our systems
• how we can cultivate our ecology to produce food based on our unique needs by including annuals, perennials, forest gardens and animals into our systems
• to enhance our communities and local economies through social permaculture design
• a practical understanding of the design process through group and individual design work
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
• Rosemary Morrows ‘Earth Users Guide to Permaculture’
• Extensive resources and handouts to complement course outcomes
• Teachers whose conceptual understanding of the permaculture design process complements their broad range of knowledge and experience to create an immersive learning environment
• Hands on experience at a 25 year old permaculture site in Brisbane
• An experience of COMMUNITY & FUN
$1140/ $873 Health Care Card Holder Early Bird Discount (full payment one month prior to course commencement).
$1250/ $930 Health Care Card Holder
To book for the May 2019 Course at Northey Street City Farm CLICK HERE
Phone: (07) 3857 8775 (Tuesday -Thursday, 10am-4pm) Email: email@example.com
Each of our NSCF Permaculture Design Courses has one part-scholarship position available at half price (totaling $625) for a First Nations Australian. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Ronni Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 3875 8775.
To apply for a First Nations part-scholarship, complete the application form HERE.
“Thought provoking, inspirational and informative – whether you are planning for a farm, house or unit. Everywhere I now look I see patterns, choices and opportunities…” Mark Lacy, PDC student
Bookings and Payment Options
Places are limited in most courses and workshops so book now. Bookings for the PDC require payment of a deposit of $300 ($240 Health Care Card holders.) Deposits are non-refundable if enrollment is cancelled less than two weeks prior to course commencement. There is a discount for payment in full one month prior to course commencement.
The balance from the deposit can be made by direct debit here:
Name: Northey Street City Farm BSB: 313-140 Account Number: 120 459 54
After you have paid by direct deposit, please email us to let us know the date of payment
We understand that sometimes circumstances change and participants may not be able to attend a course or workshop that has been paid for. For Permaculture Design Courses (PDC), deposits are non-refundable if enrollment is cancelled less than two weeks prior to course commencement. Exceptions may be made in cases of serious illness, sickness or emergencies. Once the PDC course has commenced, course payments are not refundable. However, if students need to withdraw from the course due to illness or emergency, exceptions may be made.
For shorter courses (Introductory weekend courses etc) we require a minimum of 7 days notice for cancellations. We do not provide refunds for any cancellations that are made within 7 days of a workshop. If participants cancel participation in a course and are entitled to a refund, they can opt for a credit for another course, to be used within 12 months of the original date of course commencement, instead of a refund.
Cancellations of courses and sessions by Northey Street City Farm:
- Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) may cancel or change a class at any time, for reasons including but not limited to, lack of participation, inclement weather or facilitator availability.
- Registrants can opt for a full refund, or can use the credit for a future workshop, to be used within 12 months of the date of the initial workshop or course.