“The future belongs to the nature smart” – Richard Louve, author of ‘Last Child in the Woods’
Earth Kids Programs 2021:
Earth Kids School Holiday dates 2021:
- Autumn: 7th – 9th April (Wednesday – Friday)
- Winter: 29th June – 1st July (Tuesday – Thursday)
- Spring: 28th – 30th September (Tuesday – Thursday)
- Summer: 14th to 16th December (Tuesday – Thursday)
Earth Kids Homeschool dates 2021:
- Term 2: Friday mornings, 23 April to 28 May
- Term 3: Friday mornings, 13 August to 17 September
- Term 4: Tuesday mornings, TBC
Earth Kids and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- primarily working in small groups for activities
- following additional hygiene practices
- adapting activities to ensure physical distancing
If we need to cancel an Earth Kids program, we’ll give as much notice as possible and tickets will be fully refunded for the days that are cancelled.
About Earth Kids
NSCF Earth Kids programs are about supporting children to become ‘nature smart’ – to have the knowledge, understandings and skills to engage in creating a more sustainable world – in a fun and interactive way.
It is an experiential program of outdoor discovery, in which children learn about the animals and plants at the Farm through observation and supported questioning; explore First Nations knowledge with guest presenters; experiment with Ecoarts and bushcraft skills; and put permaculture into practice.
Each program differs according to the seasons and to include a diversity of activities. Some of the activities are:
- Gardening – planting, harvesting, composting, bush tucker and learning about seasonal changes;
- Bushcraft – building shelters, making string, making fires;
- Ecoarts – creativity using natural materials;
- First Nations understanding – storytelling, cultural sharing;
- Earth connection – daily ‘sit spots’, mapping, wandering and other activities to support understanding of the web of life and the elements that all life is made of.
School Holiday Programs: The program is for children aged 6 to 12 years of age and runs from 9am to 3pm each day (drop off from 8.30am and pick up until 3.15pm).
Homeschool Programs: The program is for children aged 6 to 12 years of age and runs weekly from 9.30am to 12.30pm for 6 mornings (drop off from 9.15am and pick up until 12.45pm). All parents are welcome to stay.
Earth Kids Testimonials
“I loved it, I loved all of it.” – Xanthe, aged 7.
“It was really good and I really enjoyed it. Loved all the activities and the magic spots.” Kiera, aged 10
“I really liked the games, kids and activities.” – Mabry, aged 8.
“What a fantastic program! School holidays made easy at last! Kids loved it and learned so much! Thanks to the fantastic teachers. We can’t wait until next time!” – Eleanor Chenery, parent.
“We truly had an excellent week. The programme was educational, but also lots of fun with new friends and new skills. The programme was so well organised, delivered and supervised, and the teachers were great. I would recommend this to anyone, and we will attend again. And again. And again! Thanks so much.” – Melanie Davidson, parent.
**All prices are inclusive of GST and the eventbrite booking fee**
Three part-scholarship places are available at $140 per child for parents with Health Care Cards. There are also limited places for children with a parent who volunteers at $120 ($140 for homeschool programs – with more places and fewer commitments). Contact Emma at email@example.com if you are interested in either of these options.
|Early bird fees||First child||Additional children|
|Health Care Card (parent as HCC holder)||$170||$140|
|Full fees||First child||Additional children|
|Health Care Card (parent as HCC holder)||$200||$170|
Once payment has been received, and in order to complete your child’s registration, parents are required to:
- Fill out the online enrolment form here.
- Read through the parents handbook (below);
- Sign and return the permissions form (below).
We look forward to inspiring your children to connect with and care for the Earth!
For enquiries please email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering on the Earth Kids Program
We welcome volunteers to join in the fun on our Earth Kids Programs.
Three or more days is preferred for volunteering, but two days may be possible if you are keen and that is all you are able to do (especially for the 3 day programs).
Volunteers are required to have a current blue card (with the exception of parents who have children participating in the program) and to attend an induction prior to the Earth Kids program.
For more information on volunteering, please see: EK volunteer information.
For non-parent volunteers, to apply, please fill out an online application form.
“This generation will require leaders and citizens who can think ecologically, understand the interconnectedness of human and natural systems, and have the will, ability, and courage to act.” – Michael K. Stone