….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
ADMINISTRATION & PROMOTIONS CO-ORDINATOR
Title: Administration & Promotions Co-ordinator
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement – permanent part time
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $25.71 per hour, excluding entitlements as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement
Contract Position: Permanent Part-time
Responsible to: Education & Support Team Manager
The Administration & Promotions Co-ordinator provides administrative and promotional support to all NSCF activities. The person should be an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people. The role requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment and have high level skills in office administration and promotions.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms. NSCF is a Permaculture demonstration site, with established gardens as well as orchards and a wood-lot. Our education program caters for all ages with a variety of courses and activities. We also operate two social enterprises: City Farm Nursery, and Brisbane’s only Organic Sunday Farmers Markets. NSCF is a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs. Use your skills and experience to help us enhance this valuable community resource.
- Be a well-informed ‘first point of call’ for the public seeking information about NSCF and its activities
- Action all incoming mail, phone and email correspondence, and distribute it appropriately.
- Maintain stationery supplies and office equipment.
- Ensure all electronic and hard filing is efficiently maintained and periodically archived. Ensure confidentiality and safe custody of files.
- Handle bookings and payments for NSCF’s educational programs.
- Ensure the membership and volunteer database is maintained. Ensure that membership registrations are processed promptly, and renewal notices issued as appropriate.
- Assist Education & Support Manager as needed with staff recruitment processes, including preparation of documents, advertising and liaising with applicants.
- Supervise and train administration and promotions volunteers.
- Liaise with IT people for computer maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Attend Education & Support Team meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Implement NSCF promotional strategies.
- Assist with developing NSCF promotional materials.
- Maintain NSCF website content and social media presence
- Ensure an appropriate promotional presence at internal and external events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community.
- Experience in office administration in a small and/or busy organisation.
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills and experience in using Microsoft Office suite, Mailchimp, WordPress and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing a variety of communication materials (print and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- Experience maintaining and developing a social media profile for an organisation
- Ability to efficiently co-ordinate a range of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience in supervising volunteers or staff.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
- Possess a general understanding of Permaculture or a willingness to learn.
Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each).
Please also include a CV with at least two referees.
For further information, please contact Veronica Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due by 4pm Wednesday 28 August 2019.
- Proposed start date is early September 2019.
- Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com
The dominant way of life is unsustainable but by practicing Permaculture we can create an environmentally, socially and economically just world.
“All living sustainably”
Our purpose is to be an inspirational working model of a community-based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability.
Caring for Earth, Caring for People, & Learning