….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
CHAI CAFE COOK
Title: Chai Cafe Cook x 2
Award: As per NSCF staff agreement, Level 2
Hours: 3 hours per week.
Pay rate: $29.12 per hr including entitlements, and double time on Sunday.
Contract Position: Casual
- Take orders, serve food, cook and clean for the Northey Street City Farm Sunday morning cafe.
- Willingness to assist with the catering for NSCF events as required.
- Responsible to Cook and Cafe Coordinator and the NSCF Management Committee through the Events and Enterprise Manager.
Set up and pack down Café each Sunday as directed.
- Take orders from customers, maintain financial records and follow financial procedures when required.
- Prepare, cook, serve morning menus in consultation with Cook and Cafe Coordinator and the Events and Enterprise Manager.
- Ensure food and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure washing and cleaning tasks are carried out, including the storage of food.
- Work with other staff, volunteers and members of the farm, as well as the existing Teams and Committees when required.
- Assist with the catering for NSCF events as required.
- Assist with improving the kitchen and operational standards when required
- Knowledge/understanding/experience in the catering/food/restaurant and/or coffee shop industry.
- Experience in working with staff and volunteers
- Experience with food health and safety.
- Knowledge of non-profit community organisations is desirable but not essential
- Commitment to organic and waste-free food preparation.
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each).
Please also include a CV with at least two referees.
For further info, please contact Desi Achilleos: email@example.com
Applications are due 5 pm, Monday 14 September 2020
Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org