Nursery volunteers work under supervision of the Nursery Co-ordinator or Nursery Assistants to propagate plants, maintain the propagation areas within the Farm and provide other assistance in the retail Nursery as required. Volunteering in the Nursery is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the propagation and maintenance of plants for use at the Farm and for sale in the City Farm Nursery.
- Assist with cleaning and tidying the retail and propagation areas.
- Assist with processing deliveries of plants and materials to the City Farm Nursery.
- Follow correct procedures to maintain nursery hygiene.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained and stored securely.
Qualifications and Skills required include:
- Basic knowledge of plant propagation techniques, or willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of plant care.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to working with people from a diverse range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
If you are interested in volunteering at the City Farm Nursery, please attend the volunteer induction session at 9.30am on the first Tuesday of each month.
For more information on the role email: firstname.lastname@example.org