Thursday – Compost Crew
Who are we looking for?
- Volunteers to assist in our Composting Operation. This will include emptying out our green waste bins at the farm, aerating existing piles, making hot compost piles with community compost hub waste and wood mulch, record keeping, and processing compost.
- We also love a good banter about ALL THINGS COMPOSTING!
- No previous experience is required, but people with experience are especially welcome.
- Each Thursday morning from 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
We usually start the day with collecting all food scraps from our green waste bins. This includes the farmer’s market green waste and community compost hub waste.
We relocate the most mature compost pile to a separate bay for the next 4-6 weeks until it’s ready for use.
- Just come along on the times above and try it out. Meet at the starting time at the main office along Edgar St.
- Wear enclosed shoes and gloves, although NSCF can provide gloves if you require them.
- We will arrange for you to attend an induction process so that you can be covered under the farm’s insurance.
For more information, contact Ko Oishi on firstname.lastname@example.org