Market Garden team
Who are we looking for?
- Volunteers to assist the market gardener in the various farm activities including:
Bed preparation, propagation, compost making, weeding, planting, harvesting, and post-harvest processing, tool maintenance (especially secateurs and shears) and eventually assist in the farm gate stall when it is up and running.
- No previous experience is required, but people with experience are especially welcome.
- Each Wednesday morning from 7:30 am to 12.30pm
We usually start the day with garden bed preparation, which may include weeding, adding composts, aerating garden beds, tidying up the propagation area, propagation of vegetable seedlings and other perennial crops by cuttings.
- Wear enclosed shoes and gloves, although NSCF can provide gloves if you require them.
- We will arrange for you to attend an induction process so that you can be covered under the farm’s insurance.
This is a great way to get hands-on experience, and also be part of the of urban agriculture movement!