NSCF Earth Kids programs are about supporting kids to become ‘nature smart’ – to have the knowledge, understandings and skills to engage in creating a more sustainable world – in a fun and interactive way.
It is an experiential program of outdoor discovery, in which kids will learn about the animals and plants at the Farm through observation and supported questioning; explore Indigenous knowledge; experiment with Earth Arts and bushcraft skills; and put permaculture into practice.
Each program differs according to the seasons and to include a diversity of activities. Some of the activities will be:
- Gardening – planting, harvesting, composting, bush tucker and learning about seasonal changes;
- Bushcraft – building shelters, making string, making fires;
- Earth Arts – creativity using natural materials;
- Indigenous understanding – storytelling, cultural sharing;
- Earth connection – daily ‘sit spots’, mapping, wandering and other activities to support understanding of the web of life and the elements that all life is made of.
School Holiday Programs: The program is for children aged 7 to 12 years of age, (or turning 7 this year) and runs from 9am to 3pm each day (drop off from 8.30am and pick up until 3.30pm).
For more information and bookings CLICK HERE