Are you an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people? Do you have high level skills in promotions and office administration?
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Title: Promotions & Administration Coordinator
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement – permanent part time
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $26.89 per hour, excluding entitlements as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement such as leave and superannuation.
Contract Position: Permanent Part-time
Responsible to: Enterprise & Support Team Manager
The Promotions and Administration Coordinator provides promotional, fundraising and administrative support to all NSCF activities. The person should be an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people. The role requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment and have high level skills in promotions and office administration.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms. NSCF is a Permaculture demonstration site. Our education program caters for all ages with a variety of courses and activities. We also operate social enterprises including City Farm Nursery, and Brisbane’s only Organic Farmers Markets. NSCF is a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs.
- Develop and implement NSCF promotional strategies.
- Assist with developing NSCF promotional materials.
- Maintain NSCF website content and social media presence
- Ensure an appropriate promotional presence at internal and external events.
- Identify and initiate fundraising opportunities including grants, sponsorships, and donations.
- Develop & implement fundraising activities at NSCF events.
- Be a well-informed ‘first point of call’ for the public seeking information about NSCF and its activities.
- Maintain stationery supplies and office and IT equipment.
- Ensure all electronic and hard filing is efficiently maintained and periodically archived. Ensure confidentiality and safe custody of files.
- Handle bookings and payments for NSCF’s educational and other programs.
- Ensure the membership and volunteer database is maintained. Ensure that membership registrations are processed promptly, and renewal notices issued as appropriate.
- Assist Enterprise & Support Manager as needed with staff recruitment processes, including preparation of documents, advertising and liaising with applicants.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in office administration in a small organisation.
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills and experience in using Microsoft Office suite, including graphics programs, Mailerlite, WordPress and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing a variety of communication materials (print and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- Experience maintaining and developing a social media profile for an organisation
- Experience in fundraising
- Ability to efficiently co-ordinate a range of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
- Possess a general understanding of Permaculture or a willingness to learn.
Applications must address each of the selection criteria individually (maximum 100 words each).
Please also include a CV with at least two referees.
For further information, please contact Simon Calcinai on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due by 4pm Tuesday 21 March 2023.
- Proposed start date is late March 2023.
- Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com
- Phone: (07)3857 8775 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.nscf.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Northey Street City Farm is proactively building meaningful relationships and programs with First Nations people in all its activities.
Our Belief – The dominant way of life is unsustainable but by practicing Permaculture we can create an environmentally, socially and economically just world.
Our Vision – “All living sustainably”
Our Purpose – Our purpose is to be an inspirational working model of a community-based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability.
Our Values – Caring for Earth, Caring for People, & Learning