Are you an enterprising individual with excellent communication and people management skills, with a sound understanding of local food systems, organic certification requirements, and the ability to manage a successful market?
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement – permanent part time
Hours: 20 hours per week (The applicant will be required to work Sundays, some 4am starts required)
Pay rate: NSCF Award Agreement Level 3, $26.89 p/hr, plus entitlements as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement (Sunday penalty rates paid)
Contract Position: Permanent Part-time
Responsible to: Enterprise & Support Manager
The Market Coordinator will be responsible for operating all markets on the NSCF site as profitable enterprises that provide a service to the community.
The Market Coordinator should be an enterprising individual with excellent communication and people management skills, with a sound understanding of local food systems, organic certification requirements, and the ability to manage a successful market. This person will have initiative and be open to sharing their practical skills and experiences with a broad range of people.
- Monitor the market budget ensuring the financial goals remain on track.
- Provide the Enterprise & Support Manager with financial, and management information and advice.
- Monitor the finances of the markets, ensuring good debt management processes, keeping good and accurate records.
- Contribute to the development of the markets, keeping abreast of trends in organic and farmers markets.
- Implement and contribute to the development of a marketing plan for the markets.
- Oversee the stallholder application process.
- Build a loyal stallholder base, providing outstanding service to the stallholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for the markets.
- Supervise and develop volunteers and staff to meet the operational needs of the markets.
- Ensure market resources and equipment are maintained and in good working order.
- Liaise with the Site Coordinator to develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures related to the market.
- Participate in relevant meetings and community decision-making processes.
- Work co-operatively with other enterprises and teams at the farm.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) is a non-profit community organisation. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms; a Permaculture site, established kitchen and market gardens, City Farm Nursery as well as orchards and woodlot, plus Brisbane’s only Organic Farmers Market. NSCF is also a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in organic and/or farmers market coordination or hospitality or events
- Experience in customer service and administration
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Computer skills, including database management
- Social Media or other marketing experience
- Events management or hospitality industry qualifications.
- Experience in working in community-based organisations.
This position is physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Northey Street City Farm is proactively building meaningful relationships and programs with First Nations people in all its activities.
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria individually (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with two referees.
- Applications are due by 4pm 7 March 2023
- Proposed start date is mid-March 2023.
- For further information please contact Simon on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit application electronically to email@example.com
Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030.