We’re looking for an Events Coordinator who will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and delivering events at the Farm including the Winter Solstice event.
Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement
Hours: 12 hours per week. Extra hours will be available close to the Winter Solstice Festival. (The applicant might be required to work some weekends)
Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $26.89/hr, and entitlements as defined in the NSCF Enterprise Agreement
Contract Position: Project Part-time (to 30 June 2023)
Responsible to: Enterprise & Support Manager
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community farm in the inner-city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy, and participate in, using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands-on experience.
Purpose of Position
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and delivering events at the Farm including the Winter Solstice event. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the events from programme design, logistics and sourcing of workshop presenters, bands, and stallholders. The person in this role will be expected to undertake all facets of event management, under the support and guidance of the Enterprise & Support Manager. Key aspects of the role will be alignment to the organisation’s belief, vision, values, and purpose; organisation skills; budget control, and relationship management.
The Events Coordinator should have excellent communication and people management skills, with a sound understanding of events management and a demonstrated ability to manage and market a successful event. The Events Coordinator should have a passion for event and festival coordination. This role will be responsible for supervising volunteers to assist with the event. The successful candidate will ideally be reliable, an enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to work with our community to meet the financial, social and environmental objectives of the Farm. This person will have initiative and be open to sharing their practical skills and experiences with a broad range of people.
- In consultation with the Enterprise & Support Manager, develop and implement an event project management plan for each major event. This plan to include:
- Site, infrastructure & logistics
- Education activities & presentations
- Council and other permits
- Entertainment, parade & bonfire
- Event bookings
- Work within the planned budget
- Manage all event stakeholders appropriately
- Report as required, at a minimum monthly, to the Enterprise & Support Manager
- Supervise volunteers
- Ensure that all documents, processes, and procedures are uploaded and maintained online to ensure continuity of events
Selection Criteria (Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience in events management and marketing.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Problem solving skills related to events management.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
- Computer skills, especially event management and online document management software.
- Events management or project management qualifications
- Marketing qualifications
- Experience in working in community-based organisations.
This position may be physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Northey Street City Farm is proactively building meaningful relationships and programs with First Nations people in all its activities.
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due 4pm Thursday 23 February 2023
- Proposed start date is early March 23
- For further information, please contact the Enterprise & Support Manager on email@example.com
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030
www.nscf.org.au Phone: 07-38578775 Email: email@example.com