Position: Event Coordinator (Winter Solstice Festival)
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement
Hours: 355 total. (20 hours per week average for the duration of the project with less work required at the beginning, and more work required closer to the Winter Solstice Festival)
The applicant will be required to work on Saturday 22 June 2024
Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $27.29/hr, and entitlements as defined in the NSCF Enterprise Agreement
Contract Position: Project Part-time (5 March 2024 to 30 June 2024)
Responsible to: Enterprise & Support Manager
Northey Street City Farm is a not-for-profit community farm in the inner-city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy, and participate in, using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands-on experience.
Purpose of Position
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and delivering the Winter Solstice Festival. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the event from program design, logistics and sourcing of workshop presenters, bands, and stallholders with support from NSCF staff and volunteers. The person in this role will be expected to undertake all facets of event management, under the support and guidance of the Enterprise & Support Manager, but some elements of the event may be delegated to NSCF staff and volunteers. Key aspects of the role will be alignment to the organization’s belief, vision, values, and purpose; organizational skills; budget control, and relationship management.
The Event Coordinator should have excellent communication and people management skills, with a sound understanding of events management and a demonstrated ability to manage and market a successful event. The Event Coordinator should have a passion for event and festival coordination. This role will be responsible for supervising volunteers to assist with the event. The successful candidate will ideally be reliable, an enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to work with our community to meet the financial, social and environmental objectives of the Farm. This person will have initiative and be open to sharing their practical skills and experiences with a broad range of people.
- In consultation with the Enterprise & Support Manager, develop and implement an event project management plan for the Winter Solstice Festival. This plan is to include:
- Site, infrastructure & logistics
- Education activities & presentations
- Council and other permits
- Entertainment, parade & bonfire
- Event bookings
- Work within the planned budget
- Manage all event stakeholders appropriately
- Report as required, at a minimum monthly, to the Enterprise & Support Manager
- Supervise volunteers
- Ensure that all documents, processes, and procedures are uploaded and maintained online to ensure continuity of events
Selection Criteria (Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience in events management and marketing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Problem solving skills related to events management
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Computer skills, especially event management and online document management software
- Events management or project management qualifications
- Marketing qualifications
- Experience in working in community-based organizations.
This position may be physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible.
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria individually (maximum 100 words each)
- Applications that do not do this will not be considered
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due 12:00pm noon Friday 16 February 2024
- Proposed interview dates: 20-23 February 2024
- Proposed start date is 5 March 2024
- For further information, please contact the Enterprise & Support Manager on email@example.com
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org