Come join us for our 25-year Silver Jubilee Permaculture Design Course on Saturdays from 9 February to 25 May 2019.
“Visions of an Ancient Wisdom”
This unique course, delivered over 16 weeks in Brisbane, gives you the knowledge and skills to observe and design from the natural patterns to create productive gardens & properties, grow your own food, apply appropriate technologies, learn to use resources wisely, build on living systems and rebuild communities.
• Build Resilience through Connectivity
• Facilitate Regeneration of the Earth
• Create Abundance through Design
The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) builds from its foundation in the ethics and design principles to strategies giving you the techniques and tools to inspire critical thinking.
YOU WILL LEARN
• the history of permaculture and agriculture and the foundational concepts of the permaculture ethics and design principles
• to design from ecological pattern literacy, systems thinking, using Ethics and Design principles, designing from the whole, differentiated into parts
• to use the Scale of Permanence to give realistic outcomes for any design
• climate analogues and how varied mirco-climates affect your site
• the patterns of our intent and that of our landscapes, elements and their functional connections in your design to minimize waste
• to savour our soils: soil biology, amendments, uses and putting it all together
• about trees and forests and how we can integrate them into our systems
• how we can cultivate our ecology to produce food based on our unique needs by including annuals, perennials, forest gardens and animals into our systems
• to enhance our communities and local economies through social permaculture design
• a practical understanding of the design process through group and individual design work
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
• Rosemary Morrows ‘Earth Users Guide to Permaculture’
• Extensive resources and handouts to complement course outcomes
• Teachers whose conceptual understanding of the permaculture design process complements their broad range of knowledge and experience to create an immersive learning environment
• Hands on experience at a 25 year old permaculture site in Brisbane
• An experience of COMMUNITY & FUN
Saturdays, 9 February to 25 May 2019
$1140/ $873 Health Care Card Holder Early Bird Discount (full payment one month prior to course commencement).
$1250/ $930 Health Care Card Holder
For more information and to book see our PDC page here
For 25 years Northey Street City Farm has held up the standard of sustainable living in the city and we invite you to come participate and begin your journey with us.