Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Position: Nursery Assistant
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Award Agreement
Hours: 9 hours per week (The applicant will be required to work Fridays and Saturdays. Saturday penalty rates paid.)
Pay rate: NSCF Award Agreement Level 2, $22.28/hr, excluding entitlements.
Contract Position: Permanent part-time
Responsible to: Nursery Co-ordinator.
Purpose of Position
The Nursery Assistant will be responsible for assisting with operating the City Farm Nursery and with the production of seasonal edible plants, for NSCF and its customers, and the retailing of a range of appropriate resources for the permaculture community.
The position involves working unsupervised, and supervising and organising volunteers.
- Assist with ensuring the Nursery is maintained to a presentable, tidy and hygienic standard.
- Assist in overseeing stock management.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to customer requests.
- Supervise nursery volunteers, to meet the operational needs of the nursery.
- Attend NSCF and team meetings as required.
- Work co-operatively with other enterprises and teams at the farm.
This position may be physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible.
· Knowledge of plants used in permaculture.
- Retail experience – preferably nursery related
- Cash and EFTPOS handling experience
- Customer Service experience
- Able to work outdoors
- Barista skills an advantage
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due 4pm Tuesday 9 April 2019.
- Proposed start date is early April 2019.
- For further information, please contact Georgina Smith on email@example.com
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030