Northey Street City Farm
… a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
EDUCATION ACTIVITY TUTOR
Position: Education Activity Tutor
Employment: Casual, as per NSCF Staff Agreement, Level2.
Day & Hours: As required, including occasional weekends.
Salary: $28.27 per hour, with penalty rates paid on weekends
Reports to: Youth Education Co-ordinator
- Deliver activities to visiting groups on site at NSCF, and occasionally at other sites.
- Liaise with the Education Co-ordinator about the content and activities for each session.
- Set up and pack up any equipment required for the activity.
- Deliver activities, being guided by the activity worksheets and outlines.
- Be aware of potential safety issues on behalf of your group according to the Risk Assessment, model safe behaviour and report any incidents to the Youth Education Coordinator.
- Make every effort to motivate, engage and encourage, but be aware that the tour leader/school teacher has the overall responsibility for the students.
- Undertake program evaluation and planning sessions as required.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to become familiar with the Northey Street City Farm site and activities that are held on it.
- Possess a Permaculture Design Certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community.
- A current Queensland “Blue Card” (Working with Children Check) or have a willingness to obtain one.
- Experience in teaching or working with young people.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
NSCF Mission Statement
We are a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
We aim to create a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban Permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.
Applications close 4pm January 9th