Are you passionate about sustainability and permaculture? Would you like to join our team of casual educators who run tours and other educational programs at Northey Street City Farm? Shifts are irregular and suit people with flexible schedules. Apply now!
Position: Youth Educator
Employment: Casual, as per NSCF Staff Agreement, Level 2.
Day & Hours: As required, including occasional weekends.
Salary: $29.99 per hour, with penalty rates paid on weekends
Reports to: Youth Education Co-ordinator
- Deliver activities to visiting groups on site at NSCF, and occasionally at other sites.
- Liaise with the Youth Education Co-ordinator about the content and activities for each session.
- Deliver learning programs and tours on-site for diverse groups of people, including but not limited to: kindergarten children, school-aged children and young people (primary and secondary levels), homeschoolers and a range of adult groups.
- Assist in developing resources for these programs and activities to meet both curriculum and non-curriculum outcomes.
- Set up and pack up any equipment required for the relevant activity or program.
- Deliver occasional offsite educational activities.
- Be aware of potential safety issues on behalf of your group according to the Risk Assessment, model safe behaviour and report any incidents to the Youth Education Coordinator.
- Undertake program evaluation and planning sessions as required.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to become familiar with the Northey Street City Farm site and activities that are held on it.
- Demonstrated knowledge of permaculture / sustainable agricultural practices and/or sustainability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community.
- A current Queensland “Blue Card” (Working with Children Check) or have a willingness to obtain one.
- Experience in teaching or working with young people and /or people from diverse cultural backgrounds and with differing needs.
- Knowledge of native and exotic flora and fauna.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
- Possess a Permaculture Design Certificate.
This position requires people to be on their feet and walking around the farm for extended periods and doing tasks involving carrying and lifting equipment.
First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email Cristyan at email@example.com, including a brief paragraph describing how you meet the selection criteria and a CV.
For further information, please contact Cristyan Leal on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by 4pm Wednesday 10 May 2023.