Do you have amazing financial management skills? Love communicating with a diverse range of people? Are you highly organised, efficient, and motivated? Apply now to join us at the Farm as our new Finance Coordinator!
Position: Finance Coordinator
Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Enterprise Agreement
Hours: 20 hours per week
Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $26.89/hr, plus entitlements (e.g. leave, super) as defined in the NSCF Enterprise Agreement
Contract Position: Permanent Part-time
Responsible to: Enterprise & Support Manager
The Finance Coordinator should be an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people.
The person will need the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment and have high level skills in financial management.
● Manage the financial accounting, filing and reporting systems of the Farm
● Organise cash handling processes, especially at events
● Provide information to managers to assist with preparation and monitoring of annual and program budgets, as required
● Prepare required financial reports in an accurate and timely fashion
● Ensure that all internal and external financial accountability requirements are met (those of constitution, legislation, funding bodies)
● Assist Management Committee Treasurer as required in managing Farm finances
● Provide general training for budget management, and prepare for and contribute to the Farm’s annual budget and planning processes
● Administer finances for NSCF, including receipting and banking all received monies, payment of wages and associated costs, payment of all accounts by agreed process and reimbursement for agreed allowable costs
● Ensure that there are suitable financial systems (structures and processes) in place. This includes ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and documentation is filed in a manner which makes for easy retrieval and auditing
● Ensure financial systems are accessible to those responsible for finances, programs and budgets
● Keep all records of organisational financial transactions and ensure accurate bookkeeping
IN CONSULTATION WITH THE TREASURER
● Initiate strategies for managing any surplus funds to maximise return to the Farm
● Address banking issues, including ensuring currency of signatories to bank accounts
● Report and communicate with funding bodies and government departments as required by agreements and legislation
● Action finance related correspondence
● Prepare financials for submission to auditor
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (SELECTION CRITERIA)
● Experience in managing financial accounting and reporting systems, including payroll
● Experience in developing budgets and managing financial systems for small business or
● Intermediate-to-advanced skills in using MYOB, Word, Excel, Outlook and Xero
● Ability to efficiently coordinate a range of tasks in a well organised manner
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse
● Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations
● Possess a general understanding of Permaculture or a willingness to learn
● Willingness to contribute to other areas of the Farm’s activities
Applications must individually address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each).
Please also include a CV with at least two referees.
Applications due: 1pm Thursday 11 May 2023
Proposed interview date: Tuesday 16 May 2023
Proposed role induction date (paid): Monday 22 May 2023
Proposed start date: Tuesday 23 May 2023
For further information, please contact Simon Calcinai on email@example.com
Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people are encouraged to apply.