….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
Position: Events & Enterprise Manager
Hours: 20 hours per week (including occasional Sundays)
Pay rate: NSCF Award Agreement Manager Level, $28.04 per hour plus entitlements as defined in the NSCF Enterprise Agreement
Contract: Permanent part time
Responsible to: Management Committee
The Events & Enterprise Manager (EEM) will be an energetic individual with a strong history of managing community events and ventures. This is an opportunity to use your skills, networks and experience to help us develop the Farm through growing new, and supporting existing, farm events and enterprises that align with the purpose of the farm and provide sources of revenue.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms; a Permaculture site on 4.5Ha, established kitchen and market gardens, City Farm Nursery as well as orchards and wood-lot, plus Brisbane’s only Organic Farmer’s Markets. NSCF is also a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs.
The EEM role is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the development of the farm’s events and enterprises while ensuring consistency with core NSCF Values and ensuring community support.
- Facilitate and assist with the development of new income generating activities for the Farm.
- Manage the delivery of NSCF events to enhance NSCF’s reputation as a resilient community asset.
- Provide budgetary and management support to the Organic Farmers Market and City Farm Nursery coordinators.
- Work with other managers to ensure smooth functioning of farm activities.
- Work 20 hrs/week which must include 1st Thursday of the month. Periodic weekend work is required. Timing of working hours can be flexible according to farm requirements.
- Examine, develop and implement events and activities, specifically the proposed night market.
- Co-ordinate Site Hire.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of the enterprise co-ordinators, including developing annual work plans and setting performance targets.
- Prepare and manage events and enterprise budgets, in consultation with the Coordinators.
- Ensure appropriate business systems are in place for recording, monitoring and evaluating the various aspects of the events and enterprises.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for the enterprises in consultation with the Education and Support Team Manager.
- Coordinate cash security and banking in conjunction with Enterprise Coordinators and the Finance Officer.
- Participate and facilitate in meetings in accordance with role responsibilities.
- Provide activity reports as required.
- To participate as a member of the Manager’s Group to ensure NSCF’s outcomes are attained.
- Demonstrated experience in team building and community liaising.
- An understanding of consensus decision making processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, resolve conflict, and lead and facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated budget development and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and social enterprise.
- Project management skills
- Willingness to have a criminal background check.
- Experience of managing a social enterprise, nursery and/or a farmers’ market.
- Experience working in community or volunteer organisations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Permaculture and/or Horticulture.
- Marketing or promotions experience.
- Experience in organising fund-raising activities.
- Skills and experience in OH&S practices.
- First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire one.
Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due by 4pm Tuesday 30 April 2019.
- Proposed start date is mid – May.
For further info, please contact Georgina Smith at email@example.com,au.
Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies may be sent to: Events & Enterprise Manager Application, Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030
NSCF Mission Statement
We are a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
We aim to be a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban Permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.