Northey Street City Farm
….. a place for learning about living sustainably in the city
CHAI CAFE COOK & CO-ORDINATOR
Title: Chai Cafe Cook & Co-ordinator
Award: As per NSCF staff agreement, Level 3
Hours: 5.5 hours per week, 6am to 12pm Sundays during Northey Street Organic Farmers Market, with some other budget and ordering duties
Pay rate: $32.62 per hr, including entitlements and double time on Sunday
Contract Position: Casual
- Coordinate the Northey Street City Farm Sunday morning cafe, as an innovative, attractive and friendly enterprise which is financially viable. A willingness to explore extension of enterprise into other days of operation will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Responsible to the NSCF Management Committee through the Events and Enterprise Manager.
- Set up the Café each Sunday.
- Plan and organise purchasing, preparation, cooking, serving of suitable morning menus in consultation with Events and Enterprise Manager.
- Supervise and train lower level cooks.
- Maintain financial records and receipts/invoices for all expenses.
- Work with other staff, volunteers and members of the farm, as well as the existing Teams and Committees when required.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of catering for NSCF events as required.
- Assist with improving the kitchen and operational standards when required.
- Ensure food and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure washing and cleaning tasks are carried out.
- Knowledge/understanding/experience in the catering/food/restaurant and/or coffee shop industry.
- Experience in working with staff and volunteers
- Experience with food health and safety.
- Knowledge of non-profit community organisations is desirable but not essential
- Commitment to organic and waste-free food preparation.
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
Applications must address each of the selection criteria (maximum 100 words each).
Please also include a CV with at least two referees.
For further info, please contact Desi Achilleos: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due 5 pm, Monday 14 September 2020
Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com