Position: Green Army Project Coordinator
Hours: 5 hrs per week, part time for 32 weeks. The project operates Tuesday – Friday, and flexibility will be needed, by negotiation.
Commencement: Tuesday 22nd March 2011
Salary: $25.00 per hour, plus entitlements (as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement)
Responsible to: Management Committee through Team Representative Group
Work Location: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor 4030, with occasional off-site meetings and functions.
Please note: This position of Project Coordinator (5 hrs/wk) is being concurrently advertised with the positions of Project Supervisor (22.5 hrs per week) and Permaculture Trainer (15 hours per week). People may apply for one or more of these positions. Further details on these roles and about the Green Army (Skilling Queenslanders for Work) can be found on the NSCF website www.nscf.org.au
- Project manage the “Mosaic Gardens” Green Army project at NSCF, including budgeting, reporting and accountability requirements.
- Work with the Project Supervisor, Administrator and Trainer, as well as other farm staff in the planning, design, administration and implementation of the project
- Facilitate general communications, government department liaison, sponsorship, donations of materials and organise formalities
- Monthly reporting to DEEDI (Dept of Education, Economic Development and Innovation), and internally to the Team Representative Group
- Work towards achieving the general aims of Northey Street City Farm Association Inc.
- Work with other workers, volunteers and members of the farm, as well as the existing Teams and Committees. This may require attendance at meetings out of hours.
- Other duties as required
- Experience in project management, including planning, budget management, program development, delivery and evaluation
- Ability to work well individually or cooperatively as part of a team
- Well-developed verbal, written and computer communication skills
- Experience in liaising with Government departments and businesses
- Experience of working in community organisations, especially community gardens
- Permaculture training or experience
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Mission Statement
We are a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
We aim to create a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.
- Applications should address each of the selection criteria
- Please also include a CV with at least two current referees
- All applications should be received by 4:00pm on Wednesday 9th March 2011
- Short-listed applicants will be notified by phone that evening, for interviews on Friday 11th or Saturday 12th March. The successful applicant will be notified by Monday 14th March
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies may be sent to Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria Street, Windsor, Qld. 4030
For further information please contact Kirsty at:
This project is funded by the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.