Position: Permaculture Trainer (6 month contract)
Hours: 15 hours per week, part time – including a formal training day notionally on Wednesdays, with other hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, by negotiation.
Commencement: Tuesday 22nd March 2011, for 26 weeks
Salary: $25.00 per hour plus entitlements (as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement)
Responsible to: Project Coordinator through reference group
Work Location: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor 4030.
Please note: This position of Permaculture Trainer (15 hours per week) is being concurrently advertised with the positions of Project Coordinator (5 hours per week), and Project Supervisor (22.5 hours per week). People may apply for one or more of these positions. Further details on these roles and about the Green Army (Skilling Queenslanders for Work) can be found on the NSCF website www.nscf.org.au
The Permaculture Teacher will be responsible for teaching Certificate 2 in Permaculture to participants in the Green Army (Skilling Queenslanders for Work) program, coordinating other specialist teachers and liaising with relevant staff to ensure participants have appropriate practical experience consistent with their studies and the Green Army program expected outcomes.
Conduct teaching in Permaculture at Northey Street City Farm in the Accredited Permaculture Training Certificate 2 (APT2) course as part of the Queensland Government Green Army project including:
- Developing lesson plans and assessment tasks
- Supporting Green Army participants to complete their studies
- Maintaining course and student records
- Liaising with the Registered Training Organisation
- Manage accredited training budget
- Planning and delivery of the program working with other members of the Education Team
- Work towards achieving the general aims of Northey Street City Farm Association Inc.
- Work with the Green Army coordinator and supervisor in supporting the achievement of work projects as specified under the Green Army program required outcomes
- Working with other members of the farm community in meeting general farm needs in the gardens & site, nursery, orchards, kitchen etc.
- Permaculture gardening or farming experience
- Teaching experience
- Permaculture Design Course and Certificate 2 or higher in Accredited Permaculture Training (APT)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAA) or Assessment and Workplace Training (AWT)
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills, including word processing, email and internet
- A current ‘Blue Card’ (Working with Children suitability check), or readiness to submit an application
- Registered accredited permaculture trainer
- Permaculture design and implementation experience
- Working in community organisations
- Supervisory experience
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Mission Statement
NSCF is a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
NSCF aims to create a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.
- Applications should address each of the selection criteria
- Please also include a CV with at least two current referees
- All applications should be received by 4:00pm on Wednesday 9th March 2011
- Short-listed applicants will be notified by phone that evening, for interviews on Friday 11th or Saturday 12th March. The successful applicant will be notified by Monday 14th March
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies may be sent to Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria Street, Windsor, Qld. 4030
For further information please contact Kirsty:
This project is funded by the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.