Application period now extended until Wednesday 30 March, 4pm
Position: Chai Cafe Coordinator
Employment: Permanent Part-time, as per NSCF staff agreement, Level 3.
Day & Hours: Sundays – 8 hours per week
Salary: $25 per hour, plus entitlements.
Continue reading for a full position description.
- Coordinate the Northey Street Sunday morning Coffee Shop as an innovative, attractive and friendly enterprise which is financially viable.
- Responsible to the NSCF Management Committee through the Sunday Enterprise Team
- Coordinate workers and volunteers as required.
- Plan and organise purchasing, preparation, cooking, serving of suitable morning menus in consultation with workers and volunteers.
- Maintain financial records and weekly reports of income/expenditure and monthly operational report.
- Work with other workers, volunteers and members of the farm, as well as the existing Teams and Committees. This may require attendance at meetings out of hours.
- With Sunday Enterprise Team, work towards improving kitchen
- Promote the Enterprise in cooperation with the Farm promotions Coordinator
- Knowledge/understanding/experience in the catering/food/restaurant and/or coffee shop industry.
- Experience in working with staff and volunteers to achieve a mutually beneficial creative product.
- Experience in non-hierarchical human services.
- Some experience in promotion and public relations.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Previous experience in a non-profit community organization and/or in catering.
- A willingness to explore extension of enterprise into other days of operation will be discussed at the interview stage, and may be seen as favourable
Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community project on the banks of Brisbane’s Breakfast Creek in the inner city suburb of Windsor. It has been developed for people to enjoy and participate in using the principles of Permaculture. It is also intended to be a demonstration site where people of all ages can learn through practical, hands on experience.
NSCF Mission Statement
We are a dynamic, creative and diverse city farm based on mutuality, innovation and environmental sustainability.
We aim to create a working model of a cooperative, community based, urban permaculture farm which demonstrates, promotes, educates, celebrates and advocates for environmental and economic sustainability in a healthy, diverse and supportive community.
- Applications should address each of the selection criteria
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- All applications should be received by 4pm, Wednesday 30th March, 2011
- Please submit application electronically to: email@example.com.
- Hard copies may be sent to:
Northey Street City Farm
16 Victoria Street
Windsor, Qld. 4030
For further information please contact Kirsty at:
Phone: (07)3857 8775
Fax: (07)3857 8108