Our Vision is ‘All Living Sustainably’
Northey Street City Farm Inc. is a non-profit organisation and community based urban permaculture farm which promotes and educates for sustainability. By supporting the Farm through membership, you are supporting sustainable living in the city.
Our City Farm provides an open space for people to engage with our gardens, orchards, chooks, open space, and most importantly, our inclusive and welcoming community.
During the week we work with volunteers to maintain the gardens for public enjoyment and to educate on permaculture principles. We offer the opportunity to gain a Permaculture Design Certificate by leaders in the permaculture field. The farm also provides tours to groups and school activities.
We run a range of sustainability workshops to help people start their own gardens, learn about bee keeping, make textiles using natural materials and the like.
Our City Farm Nursery is open Thursday to Sunday where you can purchase edible plants, bush tucker and find all your gardening needs.
The Northey Street City Farm Organic Market, where you can purchase locally sourced organic food, runs every Sunday from 6 am. to 11 am.
Membership benefits include:
- Our gratitude for your contribution
- A welcome pack for new members
- Permaculture Design Course discounts and Sustainable Living Workshop updates
- Monthly eNews up-dates about what’s happening at the farm
- Invitations to farm functions and events
- 10% plant discount at City Farm Nursery
- 10% off NSCF merchandise
- An introductory packet of seeds from the City Farm Nursery
- An annual magazine full of news, photos, stories and permaculture information
- Borrowing rights from the NSCF library
- Eligibility for NSCF Allotments
- Voting rights at the AGM and the opportunity to get involved in the management committee (must be at least 18 years old and not an organization)
- The knowledge that you are contributing to the foundation upon which Northey Street City Farm relies, as it continues as a place to gather, learn and celebrate ‘Living Sustainably in the City’.
To apply to become a member please fill out a Membership Application Form
Annual Membership Fees
$10 for Health Care Card Holders
$20 for Part-time Employees
$40 for Full-time Employees
$10 for Organisations
To Pay for Membership
Pay over the Phone
Simply phone our office on (07) 3857 8775 and we can process your payment over the phone
Pay through Paypal:
Pay through Direct Deposit:
Please make your direct deposit payment to:
Name: Northey Street City Farm BSB: 313-140 Account Number: 120 459 54
After you have paid by direct deposit, please email us to let us know the date of payment
Phone: (07) 3857 8775 (10am-4pm, Tue-Thursday)
Cash or Eftpos:
You can visit Northey Street City Farm and pay with cash or eftpos through the City Farm Nursery which is open 9 am – 3 pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday and between 6.30 am – 12 pm every Sunday at the Northey Street Organic Markets.
NSCF holds $20 million Public Liability Insurance
Northey Street City Farm is an incorporated body and subject to the rules and regulations of incorporation
Share this page on social Media!